Ultimate STEM Challenge
Find out all you need to know about this year's Ultimate STEM Challenge
Reimagine a solution to a real-life problem
This year the BP Ultimate STEM Challenge is asking UK students aged 11 to 14 to put their science, technology, engineering and maths skills to the test and reimagine a solution to a real-life problem. Take a look at the video below then get started!
- £1,000 worth of prizes to be won for the entrants’ school, for science equipment or field trips.
- Finalists will be invited to a celebratory event at the Science Museum in London, and will receive Science Museum goodies.
- Semi-finalists and finalists will receive a Bronze CREST Award.
How to take part
- Students aged 11 to 14 living in the UK during the competition period can take part.
- Students form a team of two, three or four.
- Get started with the Ultimate STEM Challenge presentation for ideas of what students could reimagine, and help with creating an entry step by step.
How to enter
- Students create a PowerPoint or video showcasing their work.
- Teachers complete a simple entry form on the How to enter page and upload the PowerPoint or video link.
Support and inspiration
- Find out the judging criteria that will be used to pick the winning project.
- We asked a range of young people what they would like to reimagine – be inspired by their ideas.
- Students can work with a STEM Ambassador to enhance their project.
- The deadline for submissions is Friday 15 February 2019.
The Ultimate STEM Challenge is brought to you by BP and STEM Learning.