Ultimate STEM Challenge
The Ultimate STEM Challenge is a national competition brought to you by BP and STEM Learning, in association with the Science Museum.
The Ultimate STEM Challenge Final took place on 12 March at the Science Museum in London. Once again we were astounded by the quality of the projects and enthusiasm of the 12 finalist teams.
Huge congratulations to our 2017/18 winners: Aimee, Eve, Jenny and Megan from Walton Priory Middle School! We hope you enjoyed attending the finale and seeing your hard work pay off.
(Check out more videos from the day on our YouTube channel.)
Congratulations also to Colyton Grammar and InterHigh Education, whose teams received a Highly Commended award. The judges were impressed with your investigative and communication skills!
And of course, we have to recognise the creativity of the winners of the Best Stand award, Oakhill College. Your presentation captured the attention of our judges and attendants, and you deserve this award!
The final wasn't all just hard work and presentations. Students got the chance to try out some incredible VR technology, and suggest their ideas for inviting more young people to take an interest in STEM.
But it's not all about the winners. Entry standards were higher than ever this year, and we would like to say well done to all of the the 2017/18 Ultimate STEM Challenge finalists and semi-finalists, who will all receive a Bronze Crest Award.
• Max and William, Bethany School, Kent
• Amelia and Uma, Bolton School Girls Division, Greater Manchester
• Edward, Eleanor, Lorna and Theo, Bredon Hill Academy, Worcestershire
• George, Philip, Samuel and Tom, Colyton Grammar School, Devon
• Amy, Mahima and Maya, Colyton Grammar School, Devon
• Joshua and Robert, Colyton Grammar School, Devon
• Charlie, Daniel, Hayden and Lewis, Colyton Grammar School, Devon
• Floriane and Jodie, Interhigh Education
• Christopher, James and Matthew, Oakhill School and Nursery, Lancashire
• Bethany, Kieran, Leo and Lucy Pensby High School, Wirral
• Bethany, Edlene and Lucy, St Peter’s Church of England Aided School, Devon
• Aimee, Eve, Jennifer and Megan, Walton Priory Middle School, Staffordshire
• Amber, Isabella, Keira and Victoria, Bay House School, Hampshire
• Emma and Katie, Belmont Academy, Ayrshire
• Emma, Izzy, Katie and Laura, Bohunt School, Hampshire
• Eve, Matilda, Poppy and Ruqayya, Bournemouth School for Girls, Dorset
• Anna, Annabel, Freya and Robin, Colyton Grammar School, Devon
• Kate, Jasleen and Varshini, Heathside School, Surrey
• Joshua, Joshua, Ryan and Toby, Hull Collegiate School, Yorkshire
• Jack, Liam, Max and Tyler, Park Community School, Hampshire
• Howard and Isaac, St Peter’s Church of England Aided School, Devon